Together with the Ministry of Culture, Sport and Youth of Georgia, the Writers' House announces a literary contest "Litera for Translators"
The translation contest "Litera for Translators" was created in 2020 with the financial support of the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of Georgia and the initiative of the Writers' House.
In 2021, a new nomination was added to the award - best poetry collection.
Consequently, the awards will be awarded in the following 5 nominations:
- Best Young Translator (Prose, Poetry; Age up to 35);
- Best Prose Translation (novel, collection of short stories);
- Best Poetry Collection
- The best translation in the humanities-scientific and popular-scientific literature (philology, psychology, sociology);
- David Tserediani Award for the contribution to translation.
The aim of the award is to promote and stimulate translation activities. The winner of each nomination will receive a monetary prize (GEL 5,000) and a special prize.
The translation submitted for the cotest must be published in 2020. The translations will be evaluated by they jury, jointly ed by the Writers' House and the Ministry of Culture, Sport and Youth.
The publishers must submit the following to the Writers' House (13. Machabeli St.):
- application including contact information;
- 5 copies of books ed for the contest (the books will remain in the library of the Writers' House)
The application deadline is July 26, 2021.
If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +99532 297 41 01; 297 41 02